Nb. 419 ‘Nordana Sea’ successfully launched
On Friday the 11th of December, 11.00 hrs, our Nb. 419 was launched in Leer.
Nb. 419 is christened as ‘Nordana Sea’, she is the third vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping. As her name already reveals, the ship will be chartered out to the danish company Nordana, and sail in her fleet after delivery.
The design features:
– Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr,
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft holdvolume,
– Iceclass 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form,
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck
– 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.